Purses at the ready! Monsoon has just launched a new homeware collection called HOME by Monsoon, which like its fashion, takes its inspiration from global destinations and sets the tone for modern, stylish living.
The Home by Monsoon Collection
The collection spans 80 pieces from cushions, bedding, textiles to furniture and accessories.
A quick glance at the images online and you will see Moroccan inspired sequin cushions, throws and accessories, pom pom cushions and throws, rugs, gifts, many with pops of colour and items created using artisanal embroidery techniques and on-trend tassels. All give a nod to Monsoon’s heritage and long relationship with artisans, keeping these ancient techniques alive today.
I will certainly be snapping up the sequin and pom pom cushions for sure, perfect for making a statement in the home.
Super nice and super affordable, what’s not to love?
Home by Monsoon now available online and in-store.
It’s been a while since I blogged so apologies for the delay. I just had to share with you this year’s round-up and review at Playtime Paris, the trade show for the childrenswear industry so you are in the know about up and coming brands, new designers to watch and what’s coming next.
I have never been to this show before but it certainly doesn’t disappoint. Over 500 brands, established and emerging designers from across the globe all in one place at the Parc Floral de Paris with a good contingent of British brands too.
With photography prohibited inside the fair, it is a bit tricky to show their forthcoming collections but here are a few of the brands that caught my eye.
Fashion brands to watch at Playtime Paris
- Plumeti Rain – a Spanish childrenswear brand mixing quality fabrics with beautiful prints
- My Little Cozmo – their babywear is so adorable. Cute little knitted rompers for ages 0-36 months and enough to make one broody again!
- Question Everything – a selection of handsmocked dresses, skirts, rompers. My favourite pieces were the leopard print with pink smocking detailing adding a modern twist on a classic piece and an little baby dress adorned with strawberry ice creams
- Babe & Tess – Babe&Tess combines a casual chic style with the unmatchable Italian dedication to craftsmanship and quality
- Outside the Lines – premium quality girlswear for ages 3-13. The SS18 collection was full of pom poms, tassels and embroidered detailing. They had a beautiful white and gold embroidered jacket which was stunning. Also full of primrose yellows and gorgeous broderie.
- Louise Misha – a brand which has a distinctive Bohemian vibe. Full of embroidery and stylish, wearable pieces
- Maison Labiche – for cool discreet slogan tees now available in child sizes. They also had a Paddington bear range!
Accessories brands to watch at Playtime Paris
- Milk & Soda – beautiful fashion accessories from Australia. Sunglasses, hair accessories, bags – all perfect for little girls
- Rockahula Kids – have always loved this accessories brand. Cute hair bows and bags that are adored by children and parents alike.
- Sticky Lemon – a Dutch contingent of designers creating stationery, pencil cases, back packs all in beautiful finishes and prints
Interiors brands to watch at Playtime Paris
- Eno Studio – French designers who create simple, beautiful and useful objects. I love their lighting especially the dog lamps and pendant lampshades where you can place any items inside them.
- Engel. Celebrate Life – A Dutch brand which offers the most beautiful bamboo tableware which I would have loved when my kids were little. Also on offer vinyl rucksacks, accessories, bunting and party tableware.
- Fabelab – Not new to me but such a beautiful collection of homewares and accessories all in gorgeous colours from another Dutch brand
- Konjes Sløjd – a Danish interiors and nursery accessories brand with pieces all in muted colours. Available in the UK at Scandibørn
- Meri Meri – this was its first time at Playtime and they had such a beautiful stand full of accessories, homewares, textiles and much more. I always thought this was a French brand but it is based in the UK and originally established by Meredith from Los Angeles.