Christmas seems to have come even earlier for many this year. On the way back home tonight, I spotted four Christmas trees already up and in the windows and it’s not even December yet. What is going on?! This year as we will be away a week before Christmas, so it seems that we have to get our decorating done and dusted way before normal.
This year, I am not even thinking of a real tree as we will be here for so little time. A nice indoor light up tree does the trick just as well. This silver birch tree pictured above is from Cox & Cox and does the job nicely without having to worry about stray pine needles.
This year I am going for a Nordic, Scandi style look with a silver/white theme and very little colour but of course being me, a bit of bling with some sequins!
With less than a month to go till the big day, it’s time to get busy!
- Wee Gallery Advent Calendar from Scandibørn | £64.95
- Light Up Birch Hanging Christmas tree from Lights4Fun at Amazon | £19.99
- Sequin Christmas Decorations from H&M Home
- Christmas wreath from John Lewis £45
- Bark Crackers from Hedgehog | £32
- Sequin Winter Palace stocking at John Lewis | £18
Speaking purely about what I know, choosing partywear and dressing daughters for Christmas who are in the 11-12 year old age bracket has to be one of the trickiest ages to dress for. Gone are the cute little tutus that we bought in abundance when they loved anything that would twirl. I am struggling to find partywear outfits that she won’t reject straight off and I am desperate to hold onto those moments of dressing my daughter in age appropriate clothes and accessories. We are already experiencing the all black phase, requests for cropped tops and very few skirt or dress purchases any more.
To be honest, it is rare to find independent labels who go up to age 13. The large retailers do have partywear for girls but it’s not always easy to find something that both mother and daughter agree on.
I have picked a few of my partywear favorites for tween girls this Christmas and also in our household for a winter birthday.
Partywear for Girls
- Outside the Lines beaded embellished dress | £45 – such a beautiful teal colour with lovely sequin embellishment
- Faux Fur Sequin Bag at Rockahula Kids| £14 – you can’t go wrong with a bit of faux fur to add the finishing touch to an outfit
- Polder Girl Metallic side ruffle dress at Little Circle | £86 – love the 80’s vibe of this dress – Crystal Carrington eat your heart out!
- Sequin feathers sweater at Zara | £24 – another gorgeous teal colour
- River Island silver glitter boots | £20 – pair glitter boots with a party dress and you are all set
- Finger in the Nose Metallic Skirt at Smallable | £43