Picture credit: Eliza Gran | Bohemia Design | Eliza Gran
Having just returned from Mallorca, not only was it beautiful baking hot sunshine but also Spanish woven basket heaven! I aways manage to return form Spain or France with a woven basket of some sort but this time there was so many on offer. Baskets to use as beach bags, sequin baskets, dip-dyed, pom pom baskets or those to use for storage, there seem to be baskets to suit all. The purchase this year was a lovely colourful Moroccan pom pom basket all for the bargain price of £13. You can find a similar larger basket to this one below at newly launched edit58 who have a variety of pom pom baskets including the Eliza Gran baskets, also available in black with a hint of colour.
Moroccan pom pom basket
With so many on offer, I compiled my pick of the best whilst the summer lasts to use as beach bags and a variety of different baskets to use in the home.
WOVEN BASKETS FOR HER
1. Micaela Spadoni basket at Saks | 2. Pom Pom basket at Isme | 3. Monogrammed basket at Rae Feather | 4. Louche Kenya Straw Cutch at Joy | 5. Emma Sequin Star basket at La Papillon Vert
I also like these star sequin baskets from Skoura that you can find at Notonthehighstreet.
Star sequin basket at notonthehightstreet
Hedgehog also have a good selection of Spanish woven baskets
Hedgehog Spanish woven basket
WOVEN BASKETS FOR THE HOME
1. Woven baskets at Eliza Gran Studio or edit58 | 2. Rose in April bsket at Smallable | 3. Numero 74 rattan baskets at bobo kids | 4. Mint belly basket at Olliella
I also love these ones for the home. A good selection can be found at children’s store, Olliella.
Belly baskets at Olliella
You could also think of creating a wall display with a number of woven baskets but you must use similar looking baskets and those of the similar size to make an impact.
Main Picture Credit: Ilovegorgeous | Boden | Talc
Blame it on the sunny weather we’ve been having but the yellow trend has no signs of abating this spring /summer. Not the easiest shade to wear for adults but for girls, a zesty yellow dress or pair of yellow coloured Boden Mary Jane’s adds a little sunshine into your life and can instantly lift anyone’s mood. With yellow coloured hues ranging from citrus lemon through to chartreuse, there are still plenty of girlswear finds on the high street, online and beyond. I love the look of this cute yellow laser-cut, layered Monsoon bikini, perfect for summer holidays and days spent by the pool. Team yellow with pale grey or white like the Ilovegorgeous Jet Skirt for a sophisticated look. And if all you want is a touch of yellow, add brightly coloured nails with Nailmatic Kids Nail Polish at Smallable, the toxic free nail varnish for children or the Elfie party hat in mustard. Here’s my pick of the best yellow pieces:
1. Beth yellow dress at Ilovegorgeous | 2. Nailmatic nail polish at Smallable | 3. Lizzie Bikini at Monsoon | 4. Embroidered dress at Boden | 5. Leather Mary Janes at Boden | 6. Daisy Dress at Boden | 7. Party hat at Elfie
Main Picture Credits: Finger in the Nose | Whistles at ASOS | Elias & Grace
Summer is here and that can only mean one thing…. the Sales have started! I have to try and restrain myself when they first start (especially in the Zara sale) and not buy up everything just because there is a little discount. There are always some good bargains to be had right at the end.
Here are a few of my top sales picks with some real-life purchases across womens, girls and boys fashion with a dressing up outfit thrown in for fun.
1. Long boho printed dress at Zara – now £15.99 | 2. Raincoat with hood at Zara – now £9.99 | 3. Talc dress at Smallable (currently sold out)| 4. Manuela de Juan Helena sandals at Smallable – now £39.22 | 5. Finger in the Nose Annix Copper Gathered Skirt at Elias & Grace – now £28.00
1. Palm tree shirt at Zara – now £9.99 | 2. Finger in the Nose Mylan Windbreaker at Smallable – now £59 |3. Hundred Pieces Mixtape t-shirt at Smallable – now £17 | 4. Veja Canvas Esplar trainer at Smallable – now £32 | 5. Numero 74 superhero cape at bobo kids – now £44
1. Embroidered smock top at Warehouse – now £18 | 2. Suede wrap skirt at Mango – now £34.99 | 3. Whistles Button Through Shibori Skirt – now £55 (sold out many places) | 4. T-bar sandals at Mango – now £17.49 | 5. Lyocell dress at H&M – now £15
Mini Preen SS15
By chance my nine year old daughter and I seem to be wearing so many similar clothes these days which seems only natural to me. What I seem to buy, I also like for her and she mostly appreciates too. Luckily we are moving out of the pink stage. However I am not talking about exact versions of the same outfit but the wardrobe staples like denim dresses & dungarees, breton tops, most recently a summer trench and because it’s me and my obsession, a jumpsuit! Mini Preen always shoot their campaigns with mother and daughter versions of the same outfit, Barbour adult and children’s sizes are selling like hot-cakes as are Hunter wellies for both generations and of course not forgetting Petit Bateau’s iconic yellow raincoat or mariniere.
Around £5 billion worth of children’s clothing is sold in the UK each year so it’s no wonder that children’s fashion is going from strength to strength with many high profile designers getting in on the act. Here’s my little selection of mini-me style.
1. Adult: Denim dress at Top Shop, Child: Tommy Hilfiger dress at Smallable | 2. Adult: Navy Jumpsuit at Mango, Child: Buttoned jumpsuit at Zara | 3. Adult: Breton top at Petit Bateau, Babe & Tess top at Smallable | 4. Adult: Stone trench at Fashion Union, Child: Trench at Mango
Flamingo wall stickers at bobo kids
In the words of George Michael, ‘Club Trobicana drinks are free. Fun and sun and there’s enough for everyone!’
Bring the outside in and add a touch of the tropics with these new wall stickers and lights. A great way to brighten up a child’s bedroom.
1. Mimi Lou pineapple & flamingo wall stickers at bobo kids | 2. Pineapple lamp at Notonthehighstreet |
3. Mimi Lou cushion at Smallable | 4. Flamingo lights at England at Home
Tent bed at bobo kids
What could keep the kids entertained more than this? A tent bed from interiors boutique bobo kids. Perfect for little adventurers out there.
The bed comes in 18 different colours and features an ecru coloured canopy which can be rolled and fastened with strips or held with poles. An underbed storage drawer makes the ideal storage space to keep those odds and ends.
View from a recent visit to Porthtowan Beach in Cornwall. Every time we visit Porthtowan, we are dumbfounded by the beautiful views and sunsets like no other.