Speaking purely about what I know, choosing partywear and dressing daughters for Christmas who are in the 11-12 year old age bracket has to be one of the trickiest ages to dress for. Gone are the cute little tutus that we bought in abundance when they loved anything that would twirl. I am struggling to find partywear outfits that she won’t reject straight off and I am desperate to hold onto those moments of dressing my daughter in age appropriate clothes and accessories. We are already experiencing the all black phase, requests for cropped tops and very few skirt or dress purchases any more.
To be honest, it is rare to find independent labels who go up to age 13. The large retailers do have partywear for girls but it’s not always easy to find something that both mother and daughter agree on.
I have picked a few of my partywear favorites for tween girls this Christmas and also in our household for a winter birthday.
Partywear for Girls
- Outside the Lines beaded embellished dress | £45 – such a beautiful teal colour with lovely sequin embellishment
- Faux Fur Sequin Bag at Rockahula Kids| £14 – you can’t go wrong with a bit of faux fur to add the finishing touch to an outfit
- Polder Girl Metallic side ruffle dress at Little Circle | £86 – love the 80’s vibe of this dress – Crystal Carrington eat your heart out!
- Sequin feathers sweater at Zara | £24 – another gorgeous teal colour
- River Island silver glitter boots | £20 – pair glitter boots with a party dress and you are all set
- Finger in the Nose Metallic Skirt at Smallable | £43