Christmas seems to have come even earlier for many this year. On the way back home tonight, I spotted four Christmas trees already up and in the windows and it’s not even December yet. What is going on?! This year as we will be away a week before Christmas, so it seems that we have to get our decorating done and dusted way before normal.
This year, I am not even thinking of a real tree as we will be here for so little time. A nice indoor light up tree does the trick just as well. This silver birch tree pictured above is from Cox & Cox and does the job nicely without having to worry about stray pine needles.
This year I am going for a Nordic, Scandi style look with a silver/white theme and very little colour but of course being me, a bit of bling with some sequins!
With less than a month to go till the big day, it’s time to get busy!
- Wee Gallery Advent Calendar from Scandibørn | £64.95
- Light Up Birch Hanging Christmas tree from Lights4Fun at Amazon | £19.99
- Sequin Christmas Decorations from H&M Home
- Christmas wreath from John Lewis £45
- Bark Crackers from Hedgehog | £32
- Sequin Winter Palace stocking at John Lewis | £18
Speaking purely about what I know, choosing partywear and dressing daughters for Christmas who are in the 11-12 year old age bracket has to be one of the trickiest ages to dress for. Gone are the cute little tutus that we bought in abundance when they loved anything that would twirl. I am struggling to find partywear outfits that she won’t reject straight off and I am desperate to hold onto those moments of dressing my daughter in age appropriate clothes and accessories. We are already experiencing the all black phase, requests for cropped tops and very few skirt or dress purchases any more.
To be honest, it is rare to find independent labels who go up to age 13. The large retailers do have partywear for girls but it’s not always easy to find something that both mother and daughter agree on.
I have picked a few of my partywear favorites for tween girls this Christmas and also in our household for a winter birthday.
Partywear for Girls
- Outside the Lines beaded embellished dress | £45 – such a beautiful teal colour with lovely sequin embellishment
- Faux Fur Sequin Bag at Rockahula Kids| £14 – you can’t go wrong with a bit of faux fur to add the finishing touch to an outfit
- Polder Girl Metallic side ruffle dress at Little Circle | £86 – love the 80’s vibe of this dress – Crystal Carrington eat your heart out!
- Sequin feathers sweater at Zara | £24 – another gorgeous teal colour
- River Island silver glitter boots | £20 – pair glitter boots with a party dress and you are all set
- Finger in the Nose Metallic Skirt at Smallable | £43
It’s here! The Christmas gift guide for the home. If you are anything like me, I love this time of year for all the quirky interiors gifts out there. I have already managed to snap up three of the pieces on the gift guide. Christmas shopping for yourself is just as fun!
Christmas Gift Guide
- Retro telephone from Aldi – £14.99
- Vintage floor lamp at Aldi – £39.99
- Marble cushion at Oliver Bonas – £26
- Seagrass basket at Oliver Bonas – £19
- Nib & Ink: The Art of Modern Calligraphy by Chiara Perano at Lamplighter London – £12
- Modern Calligraphy Set at Lamplighter London – £35
My father has been championing Aldi for years and the retailer has some superb gift ideas this Christmas! I was alerted to this stunning industrial lamp by mega influencer Erica Davies and have even snapped up the short lamp version too. I had to go out of London to track one down so get hold of it before it’s gone. Next up are Christmas gift ideas from Oliver Bonas including this gorgeous marble cushion and I couldn’t have a gift guide without a basket.
I have been absolutely loving the Nib & Ink Book from Lamplighter London. It’s all about modern calligraphy and there is something so relaxing about practicing this art form. I just need to practice, practice, practice! If any of my family are reading this, I still don’t have the Modern Calligraphy Set also available from Lamplighter London. They even have neon ink too. Simply gorgeous. There you have it, my Christmas gift guide for home lovers. Get shopping!
With only five weeks to go till the big day, there is no better time to start researching which party frocks your little ones will be donning this Christmas. This time, I had a little help compiling my partywear edit with the assistance of Miss I.
The Partywear Edit
When it comes to partywear, I think we are spoilt for choice with dresses, tutus and hair accessories in abundance on the high street, mid range and through to designer brands. I am not one to spend a fortune on dresses that they will wear just once and then grow out of quickly. If you are looking for good value yet stylish party dresses, I think Question Everything‘s party dresses which can be seen above in the main picture tick all the boxes. They all have beautiful prints, hand smocking detail and can be dressed up or down with converse or party shoes. My favourite dresses from this season are the Joni dress which features and all over cherry print seen above and the Izzy tartan dress below with tulle underskirt. They go from ages 0-9 so I can just squeeze Miss I in! Not for long though.
For more partywear pieces this year and also birthdays in our case which is 4 days before Christmas, we found a few more festive pieces to get the party started.
- Swan bag at Monsoon | 2. Fluro tutu at Outside the Lines | 3. Bow hairband at Pepa & Co | 4. Tulle dress at H&M | 5. Gold shoes at Monsoon | 6. Butterfly hair slides at Accessorize
And for a finishing touch, if you are looking for the perfect party coat to wear to all the Christmas parties, I think I have found it at Monsoon. How gorgeous is this beautiful coat with the pop of pink faux fur collar?
Here it is. Part 2 of the Christmas gift guide, this time for the homelovers in your life. First off, I have to highlight a fab homewares company which is new to me called Urbanara where I could literally buy the whole store. If you are on the look-out for beautiful throws, ceramics, bed linen or accessories, this online store has it all. And it’s prices are really affordable. I will be snapping a lot up this Christmas!
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without this elegant Luxe Drinks Trolley from Oliver Bonas but with a hefty price tag, this might have to wait till next year!
Next on wishlist is this elegant copper lamp, a must-have for any chic home office. If you can stretch to the budget of the Palmeral tea set from House of Hackney, consider this is an investment buy. And finally don’t be put off by the name of the post-poo drops from Aesop. They fill the bathroom with a gorgeous smell after use.
- Gotland wool blanket from Urbanara £55 | 2. Copper angled lamp from Handpicked Collection £65 | 3. Grey Teepee Basket from Olliella £75 |4. Palmeral Tea Set from House of Hackney £175 | 5. Post-poo drops from Aesop £20
Christmas Partywear for Girls
Naturally in mid-November, it’s always at this time that I am scourimg the shops for festive partywear. Not only for the festive season but also for my daughter’s birthday which is just a few days before Christmas. There is no end of choice of partywear for girls, it’s just the boys don’t have much on offer!
One label I absolutely love is Belgian brand, Morley which is featured above and you can buy from here. Not just for partywear, Morley has such a good selection of stylish girlswear and boyswear, I just can’t get enough. This is such a beautiful simple dress for day or for the festive season.
Morley Colette Dress
Check out new brand Little Circle which sells select designer brands like Morley and allows you to ‘recircle’ by selling select second hand designer brands through their platform.
Without trying to be too much of a magpie, there are a few sequin numbers that get my vote from Monsoon and from online department store, Smallable. I am in love with this shirt dress (2.) from Cos which only goes up to age 6-8 but is just super chic. Here’s my top picks of partywear for girls this Christmas. Enjoy!
- Monsoon Arlenis dress at Debenhams – £55 | 2. Shirt dress at Cos – £35 | 3. Roma dress at Monsoon – £60 | 4. Manuela de Juan Constance Glitter boots at Smallable- £74 | 5. Ilovegorgeous Wonder Sequin dress at Smallable – £83